E reading Devices:
Kindles Galway Public Library has two kindle e reading devices: the kindle touch 3G and the Kindle Keyboard. They are available for patron loan.
Nooks The Barnes and Noble Black and White E ink and Color nook is available for Galway patron loan. Please review our nook user guide.
Read new exclusive ebook titles and borrow titles from our Ebook collection at Salon.
“Books of the coming century will all be printed leaves of nickel, so light to hold that the reader can enjoy a small library in a single volume. A book two inches thick will contain forty thousand pages, the equivalent of a hundred volumes; six inches in aggregate thickness, it would suffice for all the contents of the Encyclopedia Britannica. And each volume would weigh less than a pound.”
– Thomas Edison, June 23, 1911, on the world of 2011
“The Southern Adirondack Library (SALS) on Demand“.
Digital downloads are easy to check out and download, and the best part is – there are never any late fees because your titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period.
- To check out and download e/ audio book titles, you will need your library card number to create an online account with SALS on Demand.
- You may also need to download and install free software to enhance your listening and/or reading experience. ( over drive console or Adobe Digital Document reader)
- When the download process is complete, you can enjoy titles
on your Windows or Mac computer or transfer the audio book to supported devices, like an MP3 player or Apple iPod. Many audio titles can be burned to CD to listen to in the car.
Compatible Ebook Devices:
- Barnes & Noble nook and Color Nook- visit our how to use a nook web page to learn how to read Galway/SALS audio and ebooks on a nook
- Sony Reader Pocket Ed., PR s-700, Daily Ed., PRS-505, Touch Ed.
- If you have any questions or require assistance, please visit the SALS on Demand Help page